Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spassje

Technical User
Oct 25, 2002
BE
My name is Marleen. Currently I'm developing (at least trying) a database related website.
What I want and don't know how to do is the following:

ENKI is a very unique company they are a rabbit food company. What I need to do is to develop the website they currently have in such a way that their sales people can add recepies themselves to it. So far so good. However, I have a database, with their current recepies, I also have a form where they can update or insert new recepies, the problem I find, is that each recepy has a specific .htm/.cfm and each time they enter a new recepy I want a new detailed .htm/.cfm being created. I really don't know how to do this. Also I linked all (until now 30 recepies) to //receptdetail.cfm however this page keeps on opening one and the same recepy. I want this to be related to //recept.cfm so that when a user clicks on the 5th recepy the details from the 5th recepy appear. Until now the only details that keep appearing are the details of the first recepy in the Aceess database.

If you need more details, pls tell me.

I think what I'm looking for is the understanding of how to, not the exact tags and so on, but I'm most likely forgetting something, or I'm just not aware, and there I need your help.

Tnx upfront

"Loesje"
Een wijde blik verruimt het denken!

one thing at a time.

First - if you have a form where they type in new recipies - than there is no need to create a new page for every time a new recipie is inserted. It kinda takes away from the dynamic content that ASP and access can handle with such ease.

the idea would be to insert data into a database - then make one page (yup only one for however many recipies) where someone views a recipie. The difference is they may be viewing recipie 5 - so all info pulls over for number 5.

Same with recipie 30, its the same page - just asp goes ok, show me all the stuff that goes with number 30.
which btw - this I believe is directly related to your second problem.

so first things first.

detail out your database structure, and the form input.

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back