Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie needs help with trunk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadams

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2001
US
I am the disaster recovery planner/ special projects analyst for a large company. And evidently( since I have experience with NEC's and Mitel systems) this month special projects means I am trying to rectify problems with many Lucent Definity G3SI switches all over the world.. The one problem is...I know nothing about Lucent. My first switch is one in Long Beach, we have several contract groups that all make calls through our switch. Is there anyway I can assign these people different trunk groups so they only use specific trunks and can I restrict them from my tie lines totally? The company basically wants to be able to look at the usage on certain trunks and be able to say "ok, this principal made this call" so they can acurately charge for it. They don't want our calls to be on the same trunks as their calls and vice versa and they want to restrict T-1 calls to just our employees...does this make sense? I think I confused myself! Thanks for the help.

The ARS digit analysis table defines which trunk route is used for a particular dialed string. The trunk route table defines the hierarchy of physical trunk groups that the PBX uses for each route. The ARS table can be partitioned for different user groups to enable calls to the same number(s) by different users to be routed differently.

You may find the following command lines helpful:
display ars analysis x
--Where x represents the first number of the dialed string; this command shows how the PBX routes strings that start with 1.
list ars analysis
--This will show all dialed strings defined for your system.

In addition, reading into the T-1 note in your posting makes me think you may have a VPN of sorts, perhaps using DCS links. If so, you may want to take AAR into consideration as well because that's likely the functionality you're using to tandem calls among your locations.

Hi,

It all depends on how your Definity is set up.
f.e.

- Do you have a VPN?
- Do you have any CDR equipment, this would make billing easier.

If you could specify the current situtation then we should be able to make a decent advise on what to do.

Regards

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back