Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie needing help configuring EIGRP for load balancing and redundacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardv

MIS
Oct 5, 2002
Hi All.

I have a project to make three locations (LA, OC, and Corp)redundant and load balance. There are four T-1's, 1 to the Internet, and 3 Point to Point. There is a P2P from LA to OC, from OC to Corp, and from Corp to LA. LA has the Internet connection. I have 3 2620 Cisco routers (each with two CSU/DSU and an ethernet) I want to configure with EIGRP. The goal is to have the links load balance. And when a link goes down, the routing automatically routes all traffic to the working links.

Examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You will easily get the links to provide redundancy, that is an inherent feature of EIGRP. However load balancing is more difficult as it relies on metric or cost of the path.

In your case with a triangulated network you will probably end up with OC and Corp Internet and LA bound traffic going down their directly connected path.

You may be able to get some load sharing by reducing the delay between OC and Corp, so OC sees LA by 2 paths, but it will be a suck it and see process to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back