Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie need help repackaging Office 2000. PLEASE Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldstone

MIS
Mar 4, 2002
US
Hey all,

I'm in a real bind here. I need to repackage Office 2000 into one EXE or MSI with the configurations i choose. I've tried to use SMS Installer, but i've recently found out that SMS Installer can't be used to repackage Windows Installer Applications. My question is, that I have no idea how to go about doing it. I've installed Wise for Windows Installer but after three days of trial and error, i'm back to square one, which is i have no idea how this thing works. Unfortunately, my boss wants this thing done like yesterday so i'm caught between a rock and a hard place. if any of you out there has repackaged office 2000 and wouldn't mind sharing with me the steps on how you did it, it would be greatly appreicated. Thanks in advance...

Coldstone,

Office 2000 is all ready a MSI package, and rule one of msi is, never repackage a MSI file.
If u want to install office the way u want use "Custom Installation Wizard" from the Office resource kit that u can download from microsoft.

Use MS Office Resource Kit goto this MS site

And download this kit.

Office Resource Kit core tool set – updated April 20, 2000
ORKTools.exe

You can customize the entire office suite with this utility. I should only take you a day or two at the most depending on how much customization you want. Its real easy to use and will be much quicker than using Wise. Believe me I tried too! Great Tool!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back