Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie NDB Cluster Installation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulM4t3

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
GB
I was thinking of setting up MySQL clustering on my 3 servers, which runs on Fedora Core 5. I've installed MySQL Server, Max, client and libraries (v. 5.0.26) RPMs.

I am thinking of creating 1 master with 2 nodes. My question is which RPM should I install on the master server and which RPM should be installed on the 2 node servers as there are 4 NDB Cluster RPMs from the MySQL Download site :-

NDB Cluster - Storage engine (contains the NDB Data Node program)
NDB Cluster - Storage engine management (contains the NDB Management Server)
NDB Cluster - Storage engine basic tools
NDB Cluster - Storage engine extra tools

Another issue is that after installing MySQL, the startup script gave errors when I try to run it, eg. /etc/init.d/mysql start.

What I did was to remove that file and use the previous version's MySQL startup script, ie. /etc/init.d/mysqld

Now it works perfectly. However, running /etc/init.d/mysqld status gave me the following message:-

"mysqld dead but subsys locked"

Finally, does anyone have a working start-up script for the clustering part, eg. ndb and ndb management?

Would appreciate if you couls also include the start-up script for mysql as well. Again, my servers are running on Fedora Core 5.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back