Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Migrating from Classic ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompCop911

Programmer
Jun 9, 2004
CA
Hi all, I am an ASP Developer, and I manage a website for a friend that uses classic ASP and an Access DB. He wants me to upgrade it to ASP.NET 2.0, so now I've gotta learn it lol...

I've started reading the QuickStart at ( and am learning the syntax of VB 2005.

But I have a question- My friend has transferred his website to the webhost Brinkster to allow support for ASP.NET 2.0. I was looking at the Login Controls that come with ASP.NET, and they look really useful, but is it possible to store the users in an Access DB? The reason I am asking is our plan does not support SQL Server, and the QuickStart is not too clear on this. Keep in mind we are on a webhost, with no real access to server settings and what not.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

ComputerCop911
ASP and HTML Programmer
Learning VB.NET and ASP.NET
Can also help with hardware probs

Yes, you can change the default provider, but in my experience it's not as easy as it should be. Anyway, here's an article that may be of some use to you:

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back