Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

**Newbie **Lotus Notes - Blocked images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdnorris

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have a user who's email images are blocked within their Lotus Notes. Any suggestions on how to unblock them? It only happens to one user within the company.

Edit that user's current location document (click the location in the lower right corner and select edit), and set the proper browser on the Internet Browser tab.

I checked that and it matches what the other users have set, Notes w/Internet Explorer) so I dont think thats it. Any other suggestions?

Are there any firewall restrictions for those users ? Can they see the images if they follow the URL in a browser ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

As for firewall restrictions no. They dont have the firewall turned on locally and everyone has the same setting when it comes to the network firewall.

It may be that the email is being sent in html format, and maybe the version of notes you are using does not support this

"The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked

Along with what JohnOB said...

Check the users person document in the address book

Look for "Format preference for incoming mail:" - if it is something other than "Keep in Senders format" (V7) or "No Preference" (V5 and 6 i think) it can cause problems with incoming emails.

It might be set to prefers MIME or Preferse Rich Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back