Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie: Is Python well supported (looking into future)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryMonster

Programmer
Feb 21, 2002
US
Hi, All

I am quite new to Python and to my surprise it seems to be a very nice and powerful programming language (as soon as you learn how to speak it). My question is this: how well is it supported, especially what can be expected in the future. Of course Python fans (I kind'o think I'm getting there) owe a huge round of applause to Guido van Rossum, but going forward is there a Python community, which is going to and capabale to support/maintain/upgrade this tool ?

I am thinking about switching to it with my next low-budget Web project, so I'm concerned about this aspect.

Thank you in advance,

HenryMonster.

Python is very alive and very well supported. Since you mention a web project, you would do well to look into Zope: It is a free dynamic web site framework and server, and is 100% python. I use it for my site (leafe.com), and find it to be the easiest and most powerful tool I've used in a long time.

Hope that helps!

-- Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back