Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie in Creating a Type-31 Callers Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

edster4103

Technical User
Jun 21, 2010
US
I was given the assignment of creating a type-31 Callers Menu in an Octel system. I created the mailbox, log into the system and recorded the personal greetings as show below with new MB extension to be transfered when the caller presses one,two etc...

Welcome to blah blah blah chose from the following options,to get direction press 1, catalog press 2 etc....

Went into the Octel system again and created new MB's for direction,catalog etc...recorded the messages for directions,catalog etc

Here is the problem I'm having, when I call the MB and press 1 to be transfered to direction, I'm getting a message that tells me "1 is not a valid option"

Need some advice on how to make this work...Thanks

You have to set up the callers menu. Login to the mailbox, then press 1 at the main menu, and follow the prompts.

I did, I went to callers menu and set up the extension to which the call should go when user presses 1. When I finished adding the extension, the system replied back to me and said "when the 1 key is pressed the call will go to extension". I did the same thing to all the other one too.

When I called to test the line, that's when I heard the message to the one key is not valid option.

Is the 1 key sending the caller to an extension or another mailbox? If it is a mailbox, is that mailbox initialized?

What about the other keys, do they work?

Figure it out, the Call Type has to be assigned to a 33 which is Call's Menu + Mailbox. Now when the user dials one the call gets routed to a mailbox and not an extension like before.

Thanks for the feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back