Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie. I lost my Visor. Can I Hotsync existing contacts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppearce

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
US
I lost my Handspring Visor yesterday, and I don't think it's going to show up.
If I buy a new Palm-based PDA (Zire, maybe) can I Hotsync it to the existing Palm Desktop Software that is on my computer?
How do I do that?
I'm not sure I remember the username that I initially used with my Desktop Software. Is there a way to get that?
Thanks so much for your help, I'm a little into panic mode right now because of the varieties and quantity of information I had on my Visor (customer contacts, passwords, etc.)
Again, thanks.
Phil

If you hotsynced you Visor with the same computer you'll hotsync the PDA to it shouldn't be a problem. In fact, most PDA's come with instructions on how to migrate from an older device to the new one. Having previously supported Palm devices for several years I highly recommend following the instructions :)

Let us know if you have any trouble.

AlphaGuy

The fact that the manual contains migration info is welcome news.
Yes, the situation is that I last Hotsynced on 6/7/04. Lost the Visor on about 6/12/. I only have one computer, so it will be the one that I Hotsync the new device to.
I have also made a backup to CD of my entire Handspring directory.
Thanks for the advice.
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back