Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie here and I have a few questions. More inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsaget58

Technical User
Apr 11, 2013
US
I was hired by a telecom company. I have background in sound engineering but none in IP Telephony. I have a job as a troubleshooting engineer specifically for IP Office. I am reading the manuals every day and am starting to realize I need some more knowledge in telecom and telephony in general. My question is; are there any sources of information out there that would be useful to make me understand IP Office better? Even if it's basic telecom knowledge, it would help, big time. I currently use ipofficeinfo.com for IP Office specific knowledge and it has worked thus-far. I am just lost when it comes to the acronyms and things of that matter.

Thanks for all the help.

The Avaya Knowledge base is a good start.
Manager Help files are indispensable

after that google is your friend & if you haven't already then basic IP Office training is a must.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I know they charge now for taking courses on Avaya Learning's web-site, but if you are looking for basic knowledge it is a good place to go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back