Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGigs

Technical User
Nov 5, 2006
US
Hello All,

I'm glad I found this forum. I've been reading some of the Q&A's and am impressed by the interaction and help people are providing.

Now for my situation. I've been asked to help out on a project involving setting up telecom requirements for a PBX system. The requirements are for an RFP for service providers and I'm a little fuzzy as to where to begin.

Some background Info:

Nortel Meridian One PBX with ~600 analog & digital ports
8 CO analog trunks
3 T1 PRIs
1 T1 for long distance
700 block of DID #'s
1.544 Internet connection

I've asked the current provider for a Traffic Study to better understand if they need all of this capacity or maybe need more. I'm wondering what other information I should be looking at so that I can nail down the telecom requirements and get on with helping with writing RFP. The client is old school and likes status quo in terms of technology.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks Mike. I just posted it there.

You might get a copy of Jane Laino's "The Telephony Book". But you do seem to be asking the write questions.

Good luck

Thanks.

I picked up a copy of Telecom Audit by MS Mastel which has been very helpful. It's been great with the pricing side of things but wish it was a bit more technical.

That is the problem with the Laino book too, tneds not to be technical enough.

Good luck

There are other forums around. If U put in NOrtel and forums in goggle it will bring up some. I haven't found any that are used as much as this, but I only work on AVaya stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back