Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie - Creating Team Site Template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viridian1

MIS
Dec 16, 2003
US
Hi,

I’m now to SharePoint so please bear with me.

We are using Sharepoint Team Sites to manage various projects. Typically I take the standard SharePoint-based Web site and customize it to include more documents libraries, issue fields, etc. I would like to create a “template” of this customized site so I can use it when I create new Team Sites and to cut back on the time I spend customizing each individual site. Any ideas on how I could do this?

Hello...

If you are running SharePoint v2, go to the top level administration and you will find a link that says "Save site as template". After saving, when you go to create a new site, you will see your templete in the list.

Hope that helps!

I don't believe I am running SharePoint v2 because I do not see the link you described. Any ideas on how this can be done with v1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back