Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Attribute display questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfire

Vendor
Oct 19, 2004
US
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to format an item's attributes so that the item's attribute option NAME is on a sepparate line (paragraph) above the actual options (radio buttons). The problem is that the option names and the options are in different table datas. I basically want it to look like this:

ATTRIBUTE NAME:
o Option 1
o Option 2
o Option 3

Is there a module to do this?
If not, is there a way that I can format the layout myself? I noticed that if I just copy the source html to my hard drive, the file doesn't look like the original. Is there some link to a javascript file that happens inherently without my knowledge?

I'm also looking for a way to update the price either when a radio button is clicked on or when my customer presses an "update" button.

Thanks

For the formatting issue, look for a product called Product Page Templates put out by Viking Coders; it should do what you want (not a guarantee, though).

As to the price update, I don't think it's possible - at least, I've never heard of it being done. The attribute prices (both positive and negative) are always summed with the product's base price.

--------------
art prints

Thanks! I'll look into that product.:)

So, is there a way for me to create my own form and have it function like the one provided by Merchant? I looked at the html and I see listed values and names for form elements (as well as hidden form elements), but I don't see any scripting or any calls to an external script or even the type of script used. Anyone know how I can access this?

All of the work is done by .mv (or .mvc if compiled), which are server-side scripts parsed by the Miva engine.

If you are using OpenUI (OUI), there is a potential kludge you can use to do your magic "your final price with selected options is..." trick: OUI allows you to do an inline call to another script (such as a PHP page), which you could have do the math for you and return the result.

It is entirely possible that, even without the call to an outside script, OUI might have tokens to do what you want to do right now (pseudo code: %product_price + %selected_options%). I've never done it, so I can't be of much help there.

--------------
art prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back