Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie at vb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2002
US
Hi guys

This is my problem i need to create something that will allow me to connect a newtork printer on selection.

At my company we are moving over to TermServ and the problem we have, is that there a 26 differnt locations that all connect to our TS's, but some people are going between offices. I really new to VB and had an idea to create a program that will run at login and have the user select their current office and execute an add printer script written in VBS.

Well did i find out that that's far from true.
SO i turn to the only forum that I know has pulled me out of many jams in the past and ask if ANYONE KNOWS HOW I CAN GO ABOUT CREATING A PROGRAM TO ADD A NETWORK PRINTER THROUGH A COMMAND OPTION OF SELECTION.

Please hlep if you can!!!!!

OK i found some code and got it to work....

but i can't understand how to add a msg box to let me know that the command i ran was sucessful. Does anyone know how i can go about doing this..

You might try posting the code so we can provide a better answer. Off the top of my head you may want to use a 'On Error GoTo ErrHand and then simply provide a message when it fails....if no message it worked. Without seeing the code it would be hard to say how to do the opposite (or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back