Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Access Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aMember

Programmer
Jun 12, 2002
US
I am new to MS access and have inherited an application for support. The tool was developed in Access 97. We are distributing it now to machines running Access 2000 (SR1). The application worked great for the most part in 97 (running NT) and was actually tested on Access 2002/XP in preparation for PC upgrades. 97 and 2002 worked fine for the most part. However, big problems with 2000.

1) First, a very simple one. When you hit the F-11 key, what is the correct name for the window that pops up? (I will call it the DB window for the remainder of this post)

2) How does a form get loaded and unloaded (the equiv of Load FormName and Unload FormName in Excel VBA)?

3) How does a form get shown? (the equiv of FormName.show in Excel VBA)

4) The application has a custom toolbar. It does not appear to have, in its definition of a button for that toolbar, an .onAction property. However, I happened to find a very poorly named procedure called CommandButton131_click() which will run code to perform functionality I expect to see. How are toolbars built? What is the equiv of the .onaction property in Excel vba?

5) OleMsg.dll did not install...said not a valid NT image. However, OleMsg32.dll did. Just verifying that this is OK.

6) The toolbar described above has a pull down menu to create a "New Review". When I select this, nothing happens. However, there is a macro called New Review. When I double click it, functionality I expect from a "New Review" button gets executed. I can also get this functionality to work from doubleclicking on Form_New Peer Review. How would these be linked? The New Review button should somehow be "linked" to...I would guess...the macro which would then load the form. Can't figure it out.

6) Continuing with the question from #5...if I have the DB window open and select "New Review" from the pull down menu, it works OK. If I repeat the process but close the DB window, nothing happens...as stated in question #5. Any ideas?

A quick response would be greatly appreciated.
Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back