Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbe trying to preview asp pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumie

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
When I preview an asp page in the browser useing UltraDev the asp script results doesn't display. I can see it when I type the URL in the browser "
The Web Site Definition defines the URL prefix under *Application Server* as
What am I doing wrong? [neutral]

Thanks in advance. MSB [peace]

webdev@cox.net

Visualize whorld peas.

You may need to set up the application server entry into the define sites menu. UltraDev does not know what your http server is an therefore cannot work dynamically with it.

Hi kkbigboy,

That's what I mean when I say "The Web Site Definition defines the URL prefix under *Application Server* as
This is in the application server section of the site definition. Is there another place I should be checking?

Thanks

MSB [peace]

webdev@cox.net

Visualize whorld peas.

Hi,

Have you set up your web server on your test machine OK? If you haven't declared a virtual directory to map an ASP enabled web server to, you won't get a thing in your browser. Report back if you have any probs setting that up.

M "There are 3 kinds of people; those that can count and those that can't"

I just created a virtual directory, pathed it to the site I'm using, and allowed scripts and executables, set the default ASP language to VBScript and still can't preview the asp results in Ultradev.

If I open a browser and go to I can view the asp results just fine.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Still stumped. MSB [peace]

webdev@cox.net

Visualize whorld peas.

When trying to view your asp pages do you have your Personal Web Server on? I believe that's what it takes to be able to view them.

Good luck [thumbsup]

Yes. I'm running iis 5.0 and it is always on.

Because I can view local asp pages from the browser and not view them in UD would indicate a problem in UD ... no?

Thanks Ladyborg [ponder] MSB [peace]

webdev@cox.net

Visualize whorld peas.

Hi there,

Have you installed the UD 4.01 update? This may fix some live data issues. I never preview live data within UD, so I can't comment, I always preview all live data in a browser. Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

M "There are 3 kinds of people; those that can count and those that can't"

NP. On further checking I don't think you have to be running the Personal Web Server, to view it just do CTRL+SHIFT+R (Or View > Live Data).

Ladyborg

I'll get the live update. But I've worked so long using a browser to view pages, I think mlawson has a great idea.

This was just one of those things that was supposed to work and never has ... Inquiring minds ya know. [ponder] MSB [peace]

webdev@cox.net

Visualize whorld peas.

You don't have to "get live update" it's part of UD. With your asp page open in UD, go to View > Live Date (of press CTRL + Shift + R and that should show your asp page as if on a browser. Ladyborg
"Don't be afraid to try new things,
Remember: professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark"

YA HA !!!!

Ladyborg, you did it!

You're truly a gem. You don't know how many times (when things were slow) that I tried to figure that out. And it was right there in the menu. [bigcheeks] MSB [peace]

webdev@cox.net

Visualize whorld peas.

I have a problem with live data view. I have dreamweaver MX 2004, i'm running Windows XP with service pack 2. I heard there are some incompatibility issues that arise when using Dreamweaver MX and MX 2004 on a computer running Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. So i downloaded the WINDOWS XP SP2 DB CONNECTIVITY FIX from macromedia site. But i still get the following message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.

How can i fix this problem ??? Does anybody know ???

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back