Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbe need help config 4006 switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumper

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
Hi,

I am new to cisco and have to configure a new 4006 switch into an existing network. It will be uplinked to another existing 4006 via fiber. (I was planning on just copying the current config from the existing switch, until I was told by the out going consultant that he thinks there is a problem with it).

Does anyone have a sample config I could use to get this up and running? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what should be enabled,(spanningtree, portfast, trunking, etc.), right now we do not have any vlans, just one 4006, 6 Intel switches, and a Pix firewall.

It may sound easy to most of you but I have no idea where to begin so any help would be a lifesaver! Thanks.

Use your current config and just modify what you have, i.e. ip address, name... Most of the config parms will be the same. No need to re-invent the wheel: copy, paste, your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back