Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New wireless connection driving me nuts!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadatct

Programmer
Aug 11, 2003
CA
I am not too sure if this post belongs in this forum, but with the problems I am experiencing, I have narrowed it down to my wireless connection.

I have recently setup my new wireless router, everything's connected and seems to be working great. There is however one huge problem I am having.

I have developed an FTP program, that I use on a daily basis, and I am having a heck of a time with it since installing the new router. The FTP program works great when either computer is plugged directly to the internet, however when the computers are behind the router, the FTP connection is very unreliable and awfully slow, even at 100Mbps.

Please keep in mind that I am a programmer, and my troubleshooting skills in this area are pretty weak.

Is there something I need to look at to fix this problem? Possibly a configuration setting with my router?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance.

bcastner,

Thanks for the URL's, but I have found the source of the problem. The firmware that was released with the router has since been upgraded. One of the main fixes in the new version was the unreliability of FTP connections in the original version!

I've upgraded the firmware, and everything works great!

Here is the router I've had these problems with, incase anyone encounters the same situation with the same router:

Linksys BEFW11S4 - Wireless-B Broadband Router - Version 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back