Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new windows 2000 domain, having issues adding new users

Status
Not open for further replies.

drphat

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2001
US
i am still kinda fighting with AD and DNS on this setup but i have found another problem, all the new users i have created can not map drives nor browse the network, it says that it requires a password "you do not have the required privledge"

no GPO's, checked all the groups and security settings, even gave them all full control, still no go...only issue i found was that replication of AD wasn't going well, but even in the subnet that is working i still can't authenticate ANY of the new users, any ideas?

Fix your DNS first, since windows 2K wants to map dns to ip, you'll never get properly credentialed to access to the resource you want to use (your mapped drives).
Replication problems? Are you running more than 1 DC in the domain? Check Active Directory Domains to check which server is the AD primary, GC, First Site, Bridgehead, etc.

i figured as much...

in reference to AD Domains...it doesn't show anything in there...is that bad?...all it shows is branch that says my domain name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back