Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New way to do Inclement Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TISTech1

Vendor
Nov 17, 2011
US
So I am used to using Voicemail pro to set up an inclement weather message and activate/deactivate it using a DID, Set User Variables, and so forth.
The downside to doing it that way is that if a call is going to a live person during the day, you have to do a lot of extra steps to have that call “check” an make sure the inclement weather message isn’t active.

But now I am curious if there is another way. With the Time profiles able to be overridden with things like “Set Time Profile to Latch Active”, I build a blank Time Profile called Inclement Weather. I created 2 short codes. One is *95|Set Time Profile to Latch Active| Inclement Weather. The other is *96|Set Time Profile to Timed Operation| Inclement Weather. I used the Time profile for the main number like I do the Holiday time profile.
The trick is, I can use these short codes internally (*95 and *96) and it works like a charm, but I cannot figure out a way that an external caller (without Mobile Worker or Power User) can use those short codes.
I have tried it in the incoming call route directly, or in Voicemail Pro with Transfer/Post Dial. Nothing seems to work.
Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

Forgot to say that this is on a Preferred Edition IP500V2 at R9.1.7 with a UCM for the Voicemail Pro

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

I use empty dummy groups and use an AA to set and/or test the service state, i.e Night/OOS/In service, that way you can also use a button to view/set the state or a the Status menu on a handset or indeed a code :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back