Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Video Card Issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnPtrs

MIS
Jun 13, 2006
US
I just installed a new nVidia Geforce 5500 into a Fedora Core 6 machine... it accepted the card and works but the resolution size only allows me to choose 800x600 or 640x480 and only up to 60Hz on the refresh rate... anyone have any ideas on how I can get this thing working to its potential??

Thanks,
JP

Go to, System -> Administration -> Display menu and check you display card and monitor type. You are most likely using a generic monitor configuration.

--== Anything can go wrong. It's just a matter of how far wrong it will go till people think its right. ==--

What happens of you manually edit the screen section of your xorg.conf fiel and force it to a higher resolution?

If it does default back to 800x600 then you may not have the correct module loaded.

QatQat

If I could have sex each time I reboot my server, I would definitely prefer Windoz over Linux!

Thanks... I set the monitor type and edited xorg.conf and now its working at a higher resolution...

JP

Cool.

QatQat

If I could have sex each time I reboot my server, I would definitely prefer Windoz over Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back