Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Version of ASA: How to Import Objects? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

n25

Technical User
Nov 4, 2004
US
On earlier versions of ASA, I could easily duplicate a certain object using the template and import data features, but on version 3.1.13 it always fails with an error message of "Invalid Native Name or Script Tag". Come to think of it, there were columns of those two on the import data screen, in which I have no idea on how to use. It's a shame since this new ASA has some new objects for importing usefully.

if you export the data you can choose the fields leave those out. for example if you export stations they are 5 and 6 on the list I think. If you already have the data in excel delete those columns and then import the data without them.

Thanks! However, I did leave out those columns when doing extracts and when I'm importing them I leave those two blank, still to no avail. I'm not sure if this is a either a bug or that you must fill-out those two columns when importing.

You probably have to edit the template. Right-click the template you are trying to use & select properties. Click the 'Fields' tab & look for the 'Script Tag' field. I had to delete whatever was in that field before my imports would work again.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I'll try that one...

Were you able to import some stations? As I have the same problem overhere. I allready found an update on the support pages (3.1.13u2.0) which is meant to solve this error. But I still receive the same error! I can't get it out of the import!!! Any ideas? How do you guys import in bulk 1000 stations for example? I do it based on a template and then paste my excel sheet into the import sheet. But those 2 fields are freaking me out!

Gizzmo,

Try Chris' suggestion and see if that works. You should find the template properties under the tasks tab. Or, if that doesn't work just input 000000 in the Native Name field, works for me somewhat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back