Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New users never appear in GAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigi

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
US
I support a network with Windows 2000 Active Directory and Exchange 2003. Recently a problem appeared where when a new user is created, the "showinAddressBook" attribute is not updated with data, preventing the user from ever appearing in the GAL. The recipient update service doesn't appear to be generating any errors when I run the service manually.

With the exception of opening a case with Microsoft, I don't know where to go with this one. Has anyone ever encountered this behavior before?

Is the AD acct. getting stamped with an e-mail address?

Neill

No, the email addresses never appear in the properties for the user. If you manually input the email addresses, the showinAddressBook attribute still doesn't populate any data and the user still doesn't appear in the GAL.

do you see a X400 address???
I think it has something to do with default recipient policy...

There are no addresses at all for the new user.

I agree that it has something to do with either the Recipient Policy or the Recipient Update Service.Unfortunately, no errors are being returned so that makes troubleshooting very difficult.

Did you resolve this issue, as I'm having the same problem. It seems to have just started happening. I have recently installed SP2

I never was able to figure out the cause of the problem, and have since changed jobs.

Sorry I couldn't help you with your encounter of a similar issue. I can tell you the client where I experienced the problem had Exchange 2003 SP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back