Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user, some basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibeck

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
US
OK, I'm in the process of evaluating BizTalk server for an upcoming project, and wanted to run some question by you.

First, I've never used Biztalk, so I'm primarly looking to see if it's even the correct product for what I'm looking for.

Basic system - We're looking to impliment a web based form processing system that will allow users to log in, and submit various forms on-line. After submitting these firms, they go through a series of steps/checks to include things like:
- Various levels of edit checks
- Notofication of events (errors, successes)
- Archived in various repositories
- Posted to external systems
- etc., etc

There is a very big focus on cycle times and performance monitoring for each of these steps.

Ideally these various steps/events must be thoroughly audit and logged. The actual steps that may need to occur may vary depending on content of forms.

Also, must be very scalable, handling millions of submission per year.

Now, in my mind, BizTalk server is very well suited for this type of scenerio. It will be a 100% MS solution, with .NET application code, web service communication layer and SQL Server databases.

Comments/suggestions?
When is BizTalk 2006 expected to be released?

Thanks for any input!

_mike
Any good place to read on the basics of BizTalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back