Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user needs some basic answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watco

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
US
Hello, I am an new user to Progress software. Do you know of any sources of documentation or training that I can get to learn how to use the "results" program to create reports?

Progress has very little 3rd party documentation. The only documentation that I'm aware of for Report Builder is what you get from Progress. Sorry! And double sorry because I have never worked with Report Builder and can't offer any help if you have questions. But you can always ask here or on the PEG ( and there are plenty of people who are happy to help out.

FYI, there are other 3rd party reporting tools you can use, and Progress recently signed an agreement with Crystal to include Crystal as their reporting tool. There's also Visual CyberQuery by Cyberscience. I've only looked at it briefly, but I've heard excellent things about it and it does NOT use ODBC. They worked with Progress to make a direct connection into the database.

Hope that helps!

Rich Uchytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back