Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user need help with on line chat/

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitar5

Technical User
Jan 27, 2006
US
Well I hope this is the proper area to ask this question. If not I would appreciate some redirection. :)

I am trying to find records of on line chat history within my computer. Without going into details of why, I would just say
we have had some problems with children on computer and phone calls from unknown individuals.

If anyone knows how to view these, or if there are any records kept on hard drive it would be very helpful. Since these problems began I have set computer so no one can use without permission, but I would still like too investigate issue further.
Thank you for any help,
Paul

I assume that you're talking about some instant messenger program. Unluess it was being intentionally recorded or saved, it's highly unlikely that there would be any trace of a past conversation on the hard drive. Good luck.

There are programs that you can buy that will log all conversation a user is having on chat.

Try using F-secure they have a very good Parent section on rules for kids to chat or when they can be online ect.

ProtectedParents are also able to limit the amount of time their children spend on the Internet with the time lock feature in F-Secure’s Internet Security package. ...
protected/archives/prot-3-2005/17-350-2405.shtml - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

ProtectedWith the Internet fast becoming the screen view of choice over television, F-Secure has decided to provide parents with the means to ensure that children ...
protected/archives/prot-3-2005/17-350-2408.shtml - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.f-secure.com ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back