Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New User Mailbox's not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesmith20055002

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
US
After I create a new user with a new mailbox (Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 AD Controller. It appears to work in AD and the user's email address appears correctly in AD users and in the GAL. But when they go to open their mail in Outlook 2003 on any machine. They get
"Unable to open Outlook, the set of folders can't be opened". On the exchange server in the event log for the user. It reports "Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory...(for that particular username"
I already:
1. Updated the Recipent Policy and rebuild it.
2. I installed Adsiedit on the server and new user accounts that don't work have the same permissions as user accounts that work correctly, so I can't tell where the problem is
3. I already rebooted the server twice.

Help, what can I do to get new users to get working mailboxes?

For that user, remove Exchange attributes and add them again then send that user an email from your account then test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back