Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new user, joining strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

physicalads

Vendor
Apr 1, 2003
AU
hello,

I have a design created by a friend but it is created by a large number of separate lines/strokes.

I have been told I am needing to join many of the lines to their connecting ones in order that it can be screen printed.

I have spent a lot of time trying to work this one out to no outcome, could someone help me?

thankyou!
simon

With the open selector (white arrow) highlight the two end points of the paths in question. Press ctrl+shift+alt+j to average and join the points in one step. Press ctrl+alt+j to bring up option to average vert., horiz. or both and press ctrl+j to make a line between two open points. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

If the points you meet belong to two different paths, and one or the other path is in some relationship with other paths in your drawing, Illustrator will give you grief. make sure the objects are not in groups, or part of a shape masking something else, or part of a compound path. The averaging will work fine, but the joining will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back