Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New User Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajP

Technical User
Aug 27, 2005
US
Hello everyone,

I am a hobbyist, and have been developing Access applications for years. Relation db theory and design and development is not a problem. However, I have never worked with SQL server and want to teach myself. I have downloaded SQl Server Express 2008R2. I think I have installed it correctly. I downloaded and installed Adventureworks sample DB. I do much better learning from a book (something I can hold and flip through) then online stuff. Although there seems to be a lot of online free stuff.
So my question is what recommendations do you have for any books to get started? Looking for something that provides a general introduction that explains installation, employment, and the features of the software. Understand there are a lot of different parts (analysis, administration, reporting, ...) so I am looking for a progression; what to start with and then what to follow up with. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back