Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user account problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer57

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2000
US
Our network (NT4) has been running for over four years without any problems. I've recently had to delete and re-add some users due to problems with thier roaming profiles. Some of these users are experiencing some rather strange problems. For example, three users, once logged on, cannot access MS Outlook. Let any other user log on the same machine and outlook fires up and pulls thier mail. These three users get an "Out of memory" message and the initialization of Outlook dies. Outlook 2K by the way....

Along with this problem, it appears that the users can not save anything to thier profiles either. For instance, if they use AIM, thier information is not saved to thier profile for future use. Another example, they use MS Word which they've used before.... annoying paper clip comes up telling them how to get started.

I've checked permisions and all looks to be the same.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Bob Couchman

Have you tried creating a new user account and test that? I seem to recall deleting and adding the same user can cause some problems with authentication and permissions - although it's not supposed to happen, it happened to me once. I ended up having to create a few different accounts and ditch the old ones, as they were permanently messed up.

Chow! -= Beer is food! Is it suppertime? =-
If ya like the info on the posts - rate them helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back