Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New User Account Added 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleco

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2003
CA
I just installed .net framework. It added a new user account, and it said I could delete it. I just restarted after deleting that account. Now my computer loads a NEW adminstrator account with just like 1 program. I go to log off and when I do that it only shows 1 account there, Aleco. I press that and THEN I log on to Windows Normally. This is WEIRD! ... Now when I go to accounts, there is Administrator which was created today, and Aleco. But when I go to users, there is only Aleco. How do I get my computer to load like it did just yesterday, on Aleco(Regular Admin Access)

please help.. I am LOST!

.. Can I just go to Computer Management and disable that Administrator account, and just leave Aleco?? OR will that mess things up?

You need to login as the admin and change the user (Aleco) account to admin privileges.

How To: login as the admin, then click on the start menu, then click on control panel, then click on user accounts, then click on Aleco, then click on account type, then change the account to the type you want.

I hope this answers you question.

Aleco is the ORIGINAL Admin account though. It's after I installed .net that windows automatically logs on as a new admin account. I have to log off and log on as Aleco(THe original Admin account)

Try this -

Start, Run, control userpasswords2, OK.
Uncheck 'Users must enter a username....', then OK. When the next dialog opens asking which user to automatically log on, type in Aleco (and password if applicable).

Thanks smah, that did the trick, I also went into the registry to .../winlogon/ and changed the LogonAdmin 1 to a 0 and that worked so both worked. Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back