Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New trying to learn, Datagrid, data Environment, Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxerBrats

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
US
Ok, very new at this, and only education I have is with Microsoft books I have read.

So here is what I am trying to do.. I am using Data Environment to connect to my database in ACCESS. I am also using a datagid to view the table. What I wan to do is be able to run a query on the database table and show the results in the datagrid.

I am not sure if I am even making any sense here, but hoping someone will have a answer for me

Thanks

Hi,

I am not very sure with data environment as i have only use it to create reports. You will be able to do the function easily with ado (ActiveX Data Object) in vb itself

Good luck

In the Datenvironment Command properties, check the SQL statement box instead of the Database object box. You can then type in a SQL statement or use the SQL builder button.

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Hi ,think thaht this should help you

select the datagrid and in the properties window set the dat source of the datagrid to the data Rnvironment and the data member to the command object you have created within the data Environment.

scsii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back