Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new toll free #'s not displaying cpnd on phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddc79

ISP
Mar 18, 2002
US
this is a ancient meridian max btw...

more fun... ok some quick backround information, we had one toll free # for a company in the past, routing to an an acd (#381)... it's all been working great, calls come in they display the company's name and dnis (#4909)... hasnt been touched in probably 5 years... so a couple weeks ago, the company wanted to add (7) new toll free #'s and point them to us... i had no idea how our adc's or anything was setup, so we paid outta the bum to have someone come in and get the dnis setup in our end, so we can tell our telco provider where to route the new #'s etc...

looking at it i dont see setting this up was all that hard, i just had no idea where to find the stuff... ok getting to the point, the new toll free #'s are all routing to us properly, however when they come in they just display what appears to be the route dn - then the dnis twice, but dont show the cpnd we programmed in ld 95, as far as i can tell they're setup pretty close to the way the exising were...

for example we have an 800 # someone calls in... the dnis we assigned was 4900... here is the prt for 4900:

REQ PRT
TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4900

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4900
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 41
FRT 4
SRRT 42
SRT 60
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 380
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 40
RTPC NO
HOML YES
RDNA NO
ACNT
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100

Here is the CPND data for 4900 :

DN 4900
CPND
NAME COMPANY
XPLN 7
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE ACDN

-- all that shows when a call comes in on the phone's display is... : 7110-1-4900 ... doesn't display the company's name above...

All (7) additional lines were setup like the one above... now if i look at 4909 (the dn for the old # which has been in existance for awhile...) i see:

REQ PRT
TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4909

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4909
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 41
FRT 4
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 380
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 33
RTPC NO
HOML YES
RDNA NO
ACNT
DAL NO
RPRT NO
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100

-- the cpnd shows for 4909 shows:

DN 4909
CPND
NAME COMPANY
XPLN 5
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE ACDN

--- when a call comes in on this line, it shows ... 7110-1-4909 and then the Company name on top of the phone...

Both of these 4900 & 4909 route into... queue 380...

REQ PRT
TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 380

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 380
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 24
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 41
FRT 4
SRRT
NRRT
FROA YES
NCFW 390
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL YES
CWLF 2
CWLW 3
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 33
RTPC NO
HOML NO
RDNA NO
ACNT
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100

-- 7110 is an RDB, here is the info for that...

DN 7110
TYPE RDB
ROUT 10

ROUT 10

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 10
DES
TKTP TIE
ESN NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK YES
DGTP DTI
DSEL 3VCE
PTYP DTT
AUTO NO
DNIS YES
NDGT 4
DCDR YES
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7110
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC YES
DCNO 1
NDNO 1 *
DNAM YES
ANTK
SIGO STD
STYP SDAT
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
TFD 0
SST 5 0
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
DLTN NO
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST NO
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA NO
OAN YES
OPD NO

PAGE 002

NATL YES
MUS YES
MRT 40
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
AUTH NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

--- so im basically lost, it works for the other tfn, not the new ones though, even though the cpnd data is there... any suggestions ?

what it looks like they did for the new #'s is setup an acdn for each one, with a nite forwarding # to queue 380, since noone is ever logged into these acd's they're always on nite forwarding i'd assume, so any call that comes in goes to 380 all the time... queue 380 when closed forwards to 390 which is just a regular analog answering machine, we have no mail package :-(

it looks like it would have been easier to set these up as cdns rather then acds... ::shrug:: then again i know nothing, and the music routes are wrong... ill have to change those... i just wanted to try to get a handle on this myself so in the future god ferbid we need to add more #'s i can possibly do it myself or try to understand what im missing if we ever run into this again...

Check the XPLN prompt on your new lines that tells how many letters the name can have. You show 5 on the new ones and COMPANY is 7 letters.

i probably over killed this thread but i figured i'd post alotta info rather then not enough... the xplns are right i just changed what i posted to company... for 4900 the name is ... xxxxxxx (7) letters... 4909 is the origional that has been in place for years and is showing up properly... that one i believe is only 3 (xxx) letters...

the xpln i thought was the max # of digits the name can contain... i've outed the name on the new dn and put it back in manually, hasn't made a difference... im lost but i still appreciate the suggestion

are these new trunks coming in on the same route?.. if not i would do a stare and compare on the trunk groups.. we do name display from the name that comes in on the pri, from the far end, not the ld 95 name, so i don't have anything to test against.. you have alpha tagging on the old ones, so it's doable.. money guy missed a step.. or these analog t1 pri..neat trouble, but fixable, what release are you on.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

they're all coming in on the same t1 from sprint (all our 800's new and existing route in on the same t) ... all sprint did on their end is build the #'s out on their end, the company is still the resporg for the new toll free numbers... so they built it in their switches to forward to our sprint t, then sprint forwards it to us... i wish they woulda just did regular call forwarding they had to over complicate everything...

i dont recall off the top of my head what release, i have modem access remotely to the system any easy way to get that info ... all i know off the top of my head is it's a good 10-12 years old...

oh and they're all going to queue 380, not 381... grr... so they built out acd queues from what i can tell for each dnis that nobody logs into, but have night forwarding set to 380, so regardless they always route into 380, then when 380 is closed it routes to 390 which is an analog answering machine...i was looking at doing a cdn or something instead of an acd... ill probably try outing/and rebuilding one of the #'s tomorrow...

the only difference i see when i look at the two... (4900) and (4909) should be identical...is:

RPRT YES (4900)
RPRT NO (4909)

... and the music routes arent correct, should be no srrt for the 4900 either...i have no idea what rprt is though...

i guess i'd like to know where he pulled the data from when he made the 4900, cause i told him it should be exactly like the existing 4909...they should do the same thing as the old #s ... ugh...

well rprt is just something for management reports... im gonna try and out the 4900 and re do it with everything the same as the 4909 ... as far as the release this is 8.71

well i out'd the cpnd for 4900... outed the acd as well, then redid exactly as 4909... and redid the cpnd... still doesnt show the name... just shows the dnis it's coming in as, and the queue # 380... any suggestions greatly appreciated again, i'd rather try and figure this out myself so if anything like this happens in the future ya know... im def learning lots, i no longer have to open a trouble ticket with our tech to add a dwc button on a phone woo hoo :p

as far as the release this is 8.71.. hard to beleive theirs one out there that old.. does the company still use tandy trs80's and play pong on breaks.. man that is old

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you ain't kidding... and the funny thing is the owner of the company still thinks it's "state of the art" ... it still works and so far has met our needs...isnt that the important thing ? haha ur post made me laugh though i tried to tell ya it was ancient... like if the dinosaurs had pbx's they'd be using ours no doubt !!!

so can you suggest anything... i dunno if the guy that shoulda did this right the first time will make us open a new ticket and charge us outta the wazoo again or maybe he has no clue what he did since it was over a decade ago they added the origional...

here's the only thing i can possibly think of...

ok we have an 800 # for example... which comes in on 4900... and one that comes in on 4909... then routes to acd # 380 ... which shows up on our phones preceeded by RDB #7110 ... the line # is then shown on the display and the dnis is then shown twice ... ie: 7110-1-4900 4900 ... for 4909 it shows the same above except 4909 4909 and the name...

it's got to be something to do with the 7110 RDB... is there a default name specified somewhere for 7110... or something set to have it look at cnpd data to pull the name ? im going to try changing the cpnd for 4909 and see if it changes/shows up correctly if not then i know it has something to do with the way 7110 is set up...

i know nothing about trunks and rdbs... i know the origional 800 number and the 7 additional are coming in on the same trunk and t... i just have no idea what to look at or for and what should be changed...

i understand what is making 4900 etc route to queue 380... but i dont understand what makes them come in on 7110 (route 10...) where that is defined how that works...

ok i thought i got it... grr... heres what i did... in route 10 which i thought was just for the 800 's for this particular company... i disabled the DNAM (display idc name) and named the 7110 (route 10) dnis to the company, then all calls that came in showed the right name...

however, apparently is OUR company's sales line also comes across route 10 - so when a call came in today, for our sales line it displayed the other company's name and confused the heck outta us... so i had to undo that...

so the idc data is overriding the cpnd data for the new dnis/acds... ok who wants to help me figure out idc's now... hah ok ill search i think im done here... thanks for anyone who let me some of their brain cells for a moment on reading my long boring thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back