Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Websphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricemcse

Technical User
Jan 11, 2003
US
Greetings:

I own a copy of websphere applicaton server 3.02. Aside from its website development capabilities, I am not sure what it does. The IBM website refers to e business solutions but does not specify. Where can I get some tangible examples of this software's prowess?

I wouldn't recomend using version 3.0.2. It is quite old and it might have reached its end of service date. The business aspect they are refering to probably has to do with what the J2EE spec handles today. Look on Suns website for the latest spec.

Greetings:

I appreciate your honesty. I own it and never recouped my investment. This is why I would like to see it do something for me before I move on. I understand that this sits on top of terminal services and allows remote users an enhanced experience with regard to applications. Any information on this would be appreciated greatly.

Hi mauricemcse!
IBM has stopped supporting this version of websphere.
What websphere can do also varies on which edition you have.
But to continue getting the best out of Websphere 3, i would recommend you to upgrade it to version 3.5.

To get more information please visit InforCenter for websphere 3 :

And more materials at :

Tiban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back