Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Visio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb2b

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2008
US
Is there a tutorial to help me understand UML. And build a model for my ASP.NET application.

Also if I have an existing UML Static Diagram ...how can I use it to develop a new .NET application.

Free Video tutorial site? .. or other intro tutorial will be helpful.

What is Visio? How is related to my .NET application development process?

Thanks

UML can help you organize your thoughts when you design a system. It can also help you to communicate designs to other persons in the organization. It can not help you build systems if you can't program in the first place.

Visio can be used to draw UML diagrams.

UML stands for Unified [Modeling] Language and is to software development what a blueprint is to a construction crew. Visio is simply a drawing tool for making diagrams -- UML being just one possibility. Neither UML nor Visio can automate the coding process, but there are countless free tutorials available on the Web. I recommend doing a Google search for "Visio tutorial" or "UML tutorial."

I know it's none of my business, but it sounds like you're venturing into dangerous territory. Unless the application that you're building is for hobby/learning purposes, I highly recommend you hire an experienced programmer to develop it for you -- the advantage of having it done right the first time will outweigh the initial cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back