Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to vb.net tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderco

Programmer
Jan 23, 2005
US
Just installed vb.net standard with all the MSDN libraries.

Anyone have a GOOD site of complete tutorials from beginning to whatever?

I can't find any FREE tutorials that start off explaining everything. All the tutorials I find are for making specific widgets. I need tutorials that explain things from the beginning.

Anyone know of such a site?

Hi.

I've done VB searches for .net tutorials but there just aren't any. I like vbtutor.net but absolutely none of their tutorials or code help because it's not for .net, it's just for VB6 :(

I've done VB searches for .net tutorials but there just aren't any.

Ha! now that's funny. Like I said, Google: "VB.Net" Tutorial

Programmingtutorials.com - Free Online Programming Tutorials

Visual Basic .NET Tutorial

Visual Basic Tutorials

Those are the top 3 responses. not to mention the thousands of responses you can get when looking for specific code in .Net, like "VB.Net" Database, "VB.Net" GUI, "VB.Net" Threading, etc. No one can wave a majic wand a make you know VB.Net. If you don't want to pay for an education/courses, you'll have to find other peoples tutorials and learn it on your own. If you want general pointers, we can help, if you have a specific code problem, we can help, but we can't teach you to do your own research.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

you propably have another google then he has.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

That's rather insulting, Rick.

I come from a programming (well scripting) background with Perl/CGI and I know the difference between wanting to be helped and wanting things to be done for me and I know I want to learn this language.

I've been to two of the three sites you listed and as you stated, I don't have the money for a book right now.

But don't say I don't know how to research, I have and I've been to countless web sites that don't offer thorough tutorials or if they do, they charge for them.

but still you didn't do what rick said in his first reply and still he did the work and found the answer so a bit of gratitude should be welcome.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

But don't say I don't know how to research, I have and I've been to countless web sites that don't offer thorough tutorials or if they do, they charge for them.

Sorry if I offended you, but the information is out there, it is available. And Google can find it. Google for "Hello World" and "VB.Net" and you will find tutorials that cover the 1st chapter of any Intro level Vb.Net book/Class.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

and here's my little contribution to this epic discussion:

DevArticles

When i was still a student i used p2p networks to get tutorials, kept the good ones and bought them as soon as i had the money (that even allowed to take them to bed with me instead of blowin' my eyes on my cathodic screen !).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back