Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Sonicwall and need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapper1

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
I have a Sonicwall NSA 240 and I need a little help. Currently anyone who tries to open a RDP session from the outside is allowed. I want to limit that to only certain IP addresses. How would I go about doing this?

Create a new Address Object under the Network section for the specific IP addresses. If they are in the same range, then you can define the range. If they are all different, then create different Address Objects for each IP address (name the object something you will understand if someone else had to come in after you). Then create a Address Group putting all of those Address Objects you just created into this new Group (maybe calling it Allowed RDP). Under the Firewall section, go to Access Rules and sort by Matrix (I find this way easier to view). Find the RDP access rule and click on the little pencil button to the far right (to make edits) and change from source "Any" to the new Group "Allowed RDP" (in this example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back