Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to RS: Duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

yci

Technical User
Jan 24, 2008
US
Our payroll clerk added in the new benefit codes in a table in adp. Now when she runs the bi-weekly benefits report it is coming up with duplicates (well almost) It looks something like this

-------dept---emp---payded---mthlypre---mthlded--emplrshare
Line1---x------x-----x-------------------x----------------
Line2---x------x-----x--------x----------x--------x

Line1: dept, emp, payded, mthlded are present
Line2: dept, emp, payded, mthlypre mthlded, emplrshare

So being new to ReportSmith, I can't figure out how to get rid of the first line and can't figure out why we now have 2 lines for every employee. Where the data is in both lines, it shows the same amount (which is correct).

We are using SQLBase for ADP on this, ReportSmith 4.2

Kindly

Rick

This really could be many things.

Incorrect linking
Poor report design
etc.

It is very hard to tell you how to fix this without seeing the report.

Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

Mr. Cook

How do I go about getting you the information you need? So that I can attach it and have you look at it?

Kindly

Rick

Hi Rick,

I don't have access to PCPW right now so I would need to VPN into your system.

Maby someone else with PCPW can look at it.

Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

It's probably because of the way the data is layed out in the view you are choosing. If you're using the V_Benefits table, a row of data will be returned for each Benefit Type assigned to an employee. Even if you restrict the benefit types in the selection criteria, it will return as many rows per person as they have.
More than likeley, this is a database grouping issue. In your example, you would need to "query only" the benefit type, benefit coverage and benefit option. Then, you would need to create a derived field using either the Max(Distinct) or Sum (Distinct) commands.
Either way, you may want to contact ADP as they could advise you to the specifics for your benefit setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back