Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to ProCurve - Configuration Assistance Needed Badly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukolas

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2010
US
We recently purchased a ProCurve MSM760 Controller along with ~20 MSM410 Access Points. So far, I've been able to configure the controller and one access point with a static IP. I've been fumbling around the web interface for each device trying to find a way to get the two to communicate and no matter where I go or what I do, I just can't grasp how to accomplish this.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is setup the controller to manage all of the access points. I'd like to setup two wireless networks initially, one for domain users and one for guests. For domain users, I'd like to set it up so that if they get on the wireless via the access points, use their domain credenitals (active directory) to authenticate and get the internet and network resources they require. As for the guest users, just the basics. Internet connection, that's it.

How do I configure the controller to take ownership of each individual access point (access points must have a static IP)? Also, how do I configure the access points to authenticate to the controller the way that I'd like them to? Again, I'm am completely new to the ProCurve, so all of this is "greek" to me.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

You will need to sign up for a HP passport to get here, but this link will provide you with a design and implementation guide for your controller. The implementation guide will go through several scenarios of config so don't let the quantity of pages scare you. :)

Canjuntank,

Thanks for the quick response, it's much appreciated! I checked out the URL and found that each of the links have expired pages and the files can no longer be found. Do you have any other literature that may be available or tips?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back