Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to phone systems - need help with vm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappo5150

MIS
Mar 4, 2005
US
Hello everyone, I just started a new job where one of my main functions will be supporting our Meridian Option 11c system. Unfortunately I have no experience with phone systems. I have been reading all the documentation we have here, but I cant figure out how to create voicemail boxes. We use Nortel OTM navigator to manage the system. But I do not know how to get to the screen to create vm. Do you have any tips? I would really appreciate it.

search the forum for it ...
do u have the login / password information
you need to locate the voicemail admin manuals
and what type of voicemail system do you have?

probably get the vendor come in and give a couple of hours of basic admin training

hi, login to the meridian mail,go to user administration then to local voice user, press f2 to add the mailbox, you will then get a screen with vacant fields, put the name of the person in. where it says revert dn put in the number of your receptionist. if you are not sure what it is look at another mailbox. i dont use the OTM so not sure about that.AJK

the mail is usually in the switch room, either on a dumb term or pc.. it's either mermail or call pilot.. find out which, find the term and we can talk you through it.. try ax from the vert term in otm.. that might get you there, probley not but give it a try

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back