Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to perl..really need help !!! perl cgi & dbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilkal

Programmer
Nov 20, 2008
US
hii..i am new to perl and i know the basics in perl regarding the variables,arrays and all..what i need to do is create an interface to my database using PERL, PERL CGI, and PERL DBI.

I already created a mysql database.Now I need to create a web-interface for the database using PERL CGI and the PERL DBI. The interface will consist of two parts. When the user first arrives, they will be presented with a form to enter some selections. The form will consist of a minimum of :

* Two radio buttons.
* Two check boxes.
* A textfield() text form that will allow the user to enter a string to search for.
* A popup menu.
* Submit and reset buttons to allow the user to retrieve the results from their search.

For the second part, when the user presses the submit button, I should retrieve their input and construct the appropriate SQL query. This will be passed to DBD::mysql to retrieve the data, which you will then return to the user. The data should be returned in HTML format.

Plzzz help me out with this !!!
Thanks for reading..

use the CGI module for the CGI processing, it comes with perl.

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

thnx for the tip..
i tried CGI and was only able to display the text fields,check boxes,submit n reset etc..im done with the first part..
but i have no clue how to how to do the secong part..

The CGI module has a lot of documentation and some code examples. The internat is also full of CGI scripts you could look at to see how its done. My suggestion is if you want help with your code, you should post it, even if it does not work.

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back