Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Peoplesoft CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBAWinnipeg

Programmer
Apr 14, 2004
CA
OK i'm a SQL DBA by trade and I'm trying to do some optimization on a Peoplesoft CRM application. Alot of the long running queries look something similar to this

declare @P1 int
set @P1=180154885
declare @P2 int
set @P2=8
declare @P3 int
set @P3=1
declare @P4 int
set @P4=98
exec sp_cursorexecute 4974, @P1 output, @P2 output, @P3 output, @P4 output, 'Reloans', 'May 3 2004 7:54:31:000AM'
select @P1, @P2, @P3, @P4

Which doesn't give me anything I can use. What I'm hoping is that you bunch of experts (required suck up :) hehee ) would be able to help me figure out how to pick this apart so I can find out what this process is actually running.

Thanks in advance!!!

Colin in da 'Peg :)

HI DBA,

PeopleSoft CRM is the latest and greatest in programs. With it come a lot of childhood issues: the data scheme is so weird and complicated (to enable data object flexibility, of course) that optimization is very dependent on the amount of data and which modules you use.

One of my clients had terrible performance problems. They called PeopleSoft's customer satisfaction group, and got assigned a PeopleSoft CRM 'Development Swat Team' to evaluate performance bottlenecks. One month later, they are still optimizing. Contact Mark_Dirriim@Peoplesoft.com for info on how to use his services.

Contact PeopleSoft because this optimization stuff is soooo iterative and the knowledge at PeopleSoft is limited to such a few people.

Cheers,
e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back