Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to notes , need formula which search database and display search result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2013
US
I am medical practitioner . I have lotus notes database which contains around 500 documents. Needs to search database by multiple search word or phrase then result output should display all found search with 2 line above and 2 line below including search words.
Help very much appreciated. This database has very valuable information but not able to use it.

I suppose you do not know the Full Text Search functionality in Notes. To activate that functionality you need to do two things :

1) Index the database. That is done by selecting the properties of the database and going to the second tab to the right (the magnifying glass). There, you need to click on the "Create Index" button.

2) In the database, you need to go to the View menu and choose the "Search This View" option. Once the database is indexed, you will be able to basically search the db like you would search on Google.

Hope this helps,

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back