Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2007
US
Im going to ask a stupid question and you are going to laugh but Im new to laptop never owned one until now.. When I close it do I have to put it in Hibernate becasue if I don't when I open it it's gone into a ilegal system shutdown.. I have watched other people and from what Ive seen they just close it and sometimes while they are in the middle of something and when they reopen it it's right where they closed it.. Not mine if I don't hibernate it when I reopen it I have to go through the whole deal of letting it restart. Ive got an acer aspire running the vesta OS.. Please it's just I just want to be able to close it and open it without going through the hassel of restarting everytime..

I haven't tried it on Vista to be sure, but you should be able to modify the power settings in the control panel. You need to change the default behavior of closing the lid (I think that it activates the screen saver) to hibernate when the lid is closed.

Not sure how this posting ended up in General Modem discussions though.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back