Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarsh

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2009
IE
Hi,

Just started using IP Office, got dropped in at the deep end so still discovering things. Previously experienced with Alcatel.

Ive been asked to add a new user to the system. Easiest way would be to rename an ext that is no longer in use.

However i dont know how to display currently attached\in use extensions.

Using IP Office 6.0.50

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

6.0.50?

where did you get that number from?

best guess is its 6.0.5?

I guess doing a system audit wouldn't go amiss. Work through the extn list and rename ones that arent in use to something you know means spare, or just delete the user profiles for those extns and add new users when you need to.

Are these DS extns or IP extns?

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

Thanks Tom

Was just wondering if there was a part of IP Office that displayed connected and not connected.

Ill do a floor walk then :)

Thanks

You'll notice a green light next to each digital port that has a connected phone. If no phone is attached, the light will not be on. You can then go under extensions and find the non-lite ports and see what extensions they correlate to. Or, just bring a digital phone back to the IPO and plug it into any non-lite port. It will come up with the extension number and then you'll know.

6.0 should mean then 4.0 on the control unit and you should be able to use System Status Application (SSA in case you see that somewhere else) and it can show you the active extensions/users on the system if you have digital or IP sets.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back