Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to FoxPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gc

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
US
Hi! I am new to Visual FoxPro. Please recommend some books about FoxPro.
Thanks a lot!
GC

Mike Lewis has a book review page. Using Visual FoxPro 6 is a good book for beginers. I don't know if there's a newer one or not. Hacker's Guide is not... wait on that one.

And of course, if you look at these books on Amazon.com, you'll see all the related books w/user comments.

Brian

Brian,
Thank you so much!
GC

GC,
The best VFP books are available at - "Fundamentals: Building Visual Studio Applications on a VFP Foundation" is a good one to start with. They have ebook versions to save you the cost of shipping.

There are some tutorials available at

You may also want to check out some free training at

If you have a training budget, consider MicroEndeavors
( - they have both classes and self-study courses. There are others offering training, it's just I know these are good, having used them.

Some other training options are:
TakeNote - KeyStone Learning - (VFP - )
AppDev - (VFP - )

There is also the UT ( FoxForum ( Virtual FoxPro User Group ( and the Wiki ( not to mention a number of news server forums - all good resources for peer "group" based help.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back