Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuPalmer

Technical User
May 29, 2002
IE
I am currently learning Exchange 5.5 and have my own lab set up at home. I have installed NT Server 4 with SP 3 with IIS 3. Then I loaded Exchange with all services running. When I install Outlook 97 I can set up .PAB etc but can't get mails to send from the outbox. Is this something to do with the path where I am setting up the address book?
Is there a certain place or name that I should use when installing Outlook. I was told I need a SP1 for Exchange. Is this right?

I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this for me as I am pulling my hair out at the mo!

Cheers,

Suzanne

Before you go any further I suggest you upgrade NT4 to sp6a and Exchange 5.5 to SP4

Do you have a registered domain name? Do you have a static ip for your Exchange Server from your ISP? Do you have DNS loaded and configured?

Those are 3 key things that you will need to obtain / setup first.

Drew

Make sure to add the Exchange service in Outlook as well. and then configure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back