Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to DW and having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

laydog

Technical User
Feb 26, 2007
US
I am new to DW and web design in general. Although I am learning it little by little, I have almost no html experience either. So here are my DW questions.

First of all here is the site:
1) I used the 3 col left nav css style sheet to make my homepage. On some screens it pushes all the data in the middle column to the bottom left. I have been told to edit the width of the columns on the css style sheet itself... but when I do nothing changes. How would I change these widths so that it actually makes a change?

2) How do I make everything resize accordingly when someone make their window smaller?

Also, is there anything else that you guys see that you would change to make it look less amateur and more professional?

Thanks in advance for the help.

not sure I see it....looks fine on xp pro and ie 7.
i would center the main nav links on the top.

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Apparently it's only an issue on systems with smaller screens... my work laptop does it but that's the only computer it does it on.

generally you would desing for the 'smallest resolution' you want to target...so your logos images text size etc. look acceptable on larger resolutions.
To accomplish the 'auto-resize' concept you would use width units in %.
eg.
column1 W= 25% column2 W=50% column3 W=25%

px vs. %

All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor