Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Dreamweaver / server question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTitus

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
US
Hello,
I was recently placed in charge of analyzing the potential implementation of an intranet at my place of work. The first web development tool that i thought of was Dreamweaver because I had used it a little and found it a million times better than front page. My question is does our web server need active directory to properly run Dreamweaver? Currently we have terminal services and are unable to implement active directory until our parent company does.

Thank you in advance

No. You do not need AD for Dreamweaver. You only need a way to copy files from your machine to the web server.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

don't run the webserver on the same machine u have TS....u will create a cross-exploits on the system...GOd knows how many people love to try hacking an IIS.
Get a simple machine and install Apache for free....that is unless u desire full IIS and ASP support and what not....
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back